The Zoning Board of Appeals Hearing that was set for March 26, 2020 at 7pm in regards to the Knox Community Property has been rescheduled for May 14, 2020.
Office Hours: Monday 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm (except Holidays)
During the COVID-19 Zoning Hours of Operation will be only by email or phone
419-756-7256. A mailbox will be placed outside the Zoning Door of the building where you can place information for the Zoning Inspector if unable to email the information.
|Tim Boggs |
Office: (419) 756-7256
Cell: (419) 571-8014
Fax: (419) 756-7398
2480 O’Possum Run Road
Mansfield, OH 44903-9475
The responsibilities of the Zoning Inspector are as follows:
- Issuing permits for all buildings, additions, decks, accessory buildings, swimming pools and agriculture buildings.
- Investigating violations of zoning regulations
- Organizing hearings before the Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals:
The board is empowered to perform four tasks:
- The hearings of variance requests from specific zoning standards, where, owing to special conditions of the land, literal enforcement of those standards is alleged to cause a hardship to a property owner.
- The hearing of requests for conditional uses, uses which may not be detrimental to surrounding properties, but might more intensely affect those properties.
- To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the Zoning Inspector in the enforcement of the zoning resolution.
- The board may hear requests for changes in non-conforming uses. The Board of Zoning Appeals is autonomous: its decisions must be appealed to the County Court of Common Please.