Andy Romoser, Road Superintendent
LEAF PICKUP INFORMATION:
Leaf pick-up will be October 19, 2020 to November 25, 2020
We try to make at least one pick-up a week. During the middle of November, we do get behind so please be patient and we will get back on the normal pick up day for your area.
To assure that your leaves will be picked-up, please follow these guidelines:
1. All leaves must be raked within 5 feet of the edge of the roadway in a long row. Please do not rake them into one large pile.
2. Do not pile leaves in or behind open ditches.
3. Only leaves will be picked up: NO NUTS, BRANCHES, BRUSH, GRASS, AND OR CORN SHOCKS.
4. Do not put leaves in bags or pile your leaves within 10 feet of your mailbox, a signpost or within 50 feet of a dead-end road.
5. Leaves piled in ditches or more then 5 feet off the roadway will not be picked up.
6. If leaves are not picked up, it’s because they are too far off the roadway, please rake them closer and they will be picked up the next time.
7. DO NOT PUT LEAVES IN OR ON THE ROADWAY SURFACE.
If you have a catch basin or storm drain in front of your property please help us keep them open by removing any debris.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Should you have any questions, please call the Road Department at 419-756-2574.
Personnel are on call 24 hours a day. We would like to thank all of the residents who remove their vehicles from the roadways when a snow event is under way; this greatly enhances the Township employees’ ability to remove the snow from the streets in a timely manner.
In the event your mailbox is damaged by plowed snow, please contact the
Road Department at 419-756-2574 and leave a message; our personnel will contact you as soon as possible.